Israeli strikes kill 11 across S. Lebanon
Published : 23 May 2026, 04:27
Israeli strikes across southern Lebanon from late Thursday into Friday killed at least 11 people, including paramedics, rescuers, and a child, and wounded several others, according to Lebanese sources, reported Xinhua.
Before dawn Friday, four paramedics were killed in a strike on an emergency center in the town of Hanouiyeh in the Tyre district, Lebanon's state-run National News Agency reported.
Later that day, an airstrike on the Deir Qanoun al-Nahr-Abbasiyeh junction in the Tyre district killed six people, including two paramedics from the Islamic Risala Scout Association, who were evacuating casualties from an earlier strike. The dead also included a Lebanese citizen and three Syrians, one of them a child.
In the city of Nabatieh, a drone strike targeting a pickup truck killed one and wounded two others, according to local reports.
Lebanon's Public Health Ministry said an Israeli strike near a government hospital in the town of Tebnine caused severe damage to the facility and wounded nine people, including seven hospital staff members, five of them women.
The ministry said the toll since March 2 has reached 3,111 killed and 9,432 wounded.
Separately, Hezbollah said its fighters launched an attack drone at an Israeli artillery position in the border town of Adaisseh on Friday afternoon.
Israeli strikes across southern Lebanon have intensified in recent days despite a ceasefire between Lebanon and Israel announced last month.
