Finland cancels participation in military drill in Norway due to coronavirus
Published : 08 Mar 2020, 22:30
DF News Desk
Finland has cancelled its participation in an international military maneuver in northern Norway due to the COVID-19, reported news agency Xinhua quoting a Finnish Defense Forces statement.
A Finnish contingent of 400 soldiers was on their way to Norway on Sunday and their transfer has been interrupted, because a military garrison area in Norway has been placed in quarantine due to COVID-19, the Finnish Defense Forces told Finnish news agency STT.
The garrison in Skjold, northern Norway has been under quarantine since Thursday as one soldier had been infected by COVID-19, the Norwegian Armed Forces said in a statement.
