12 feared buried in southwest China landslide
10 Dec 2018, 00:16 ( 7 Months ago)
Twelve people were estimated buried after a landslide caused three houses to collapse Sunday afternoon in southwest China's Sichuan Province.
Five people had been pulled out of the debris in Fenshui township in Xuyong county by 8 p.m., but one died en route to hospital, Tang Jie, the county head leading rescue efforts at the scene, told Xinhua.
Seven remained trapped in the landslide that occurred at about 5 p.m. and more than 600 rescuers were racing against the clock to reach more survivors.
Through ways including shouting to the buried, rescuers confirmed there were still signs of life amid the debris.
Of the 12 people, eight were local residents and four were renters, Tang said.